Since the announcement of the obligation to present a negative virological test for the coronavirus dating less than 72 hours before being able to embark for Paris, many French people from the United States on the departure have gone hunting for laboratories, often only to find that a result in less than three days was impossible to achieve.
If the measure has been postponed to Wednesday, August 5, it is for the time being still supposed to come into force. The Consulate General of France in New York therefore worked to offer a solution. He found a private laboratory, Excell, based in Edison (New Jersey), which guarantees a result in less than 72 hours. The cost for this test is $ 100. In addition, the consulate solicited the French-speaking doctors listed on its list: four of them are engaged in the device and ensure the sample, by appointment, for a negotiated fee of $ 60. The Excell laboratory also offers a ” walk-in service Monday to Friday 9am to 3:30 pm.
The device should make it possible to test up to 200 people per day, more than the number of New York-Paris passengers who are currently boarding Air France’s two daily flights and Delta and United flights.
The costs of the test remain the responsibility of the passenger, but the rates negotiated by the consulate allow for moderate rates for New York. These tests are generally covered by insurance, but it is advisable to check with your organization beforehand. While the Cares Act in principle requires insurers to cover COVID-19 testing, some consider that this only applies to tests prescribed for medical reasons.
To benefit from the negotiated rates, the Consulate General of France in New York details on its website the procedure to be followed:
– make an appointment with a doctor (see list below);
– call the Excell laboratory at (732) 287-5115 to proceed with the prepayment by credit card (the receipt will be sent to the patient electronically);
– at the doctor’s office, come with: your French passport (foreign spouses and children must come in the company of a French member of their household; contact the consulate first in case of difficulty); a copy of the ticket indicating a final destination in France; the payment receipt sent by the laboratory in electronic form;
– after 48 hours, call the laboratory at (732) 287-5115 to request the test results (the practitioner who took the samples will also receive the test results).
Dr. Ruben Cohen
- 970 Park Ave, New York, NY
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – 9 am-5pm
- 491 Hampton Road, Southampton, NY 11968
Monday and Friday – 9 am-5pm
Dr. Philip Heinegg
1890 Palmer Avenue, Suite 304, Larchmont, NY
Monday to Friday – 8 am-3pm
Dr. Patrick Mizrahi
5 East 86th Street
Monday to Friday – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dr. Nicole Moulin
210 E 47th St, New York, NY
Candidates for a test can also drop by directly to the Excell Lab (1 Ethel Road, Bld. 103, Ste B, Edison, NJ 08817) Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. The laboratory’s reception capacities are around forty people per day.
The consulate has also listed on its website the laboratories and establishments offering results in less than 72 hours.