No injuries were reported or evacuations ordered after the release of a substance not yet identified

Compton toxic leak forces residents to be asked to stay inside

The exhaust was identified only as a strong gas odor.


A chemical spill was reported in Compton on Thursday afternoon, which led to emergency officials aiEncourage area residents to stay indoors.

The spill was reported near an unincorporated area of ​​the city, according to the Compton Fire Department.

Around 1:30 p.m., firefighters said that a leak had been plugged.

The incident was reported at an old construction site. Workers were cleaning and dumping a storage tank, fire officials said.

The Los Angeles County Fire Department (LAFD) Hazmat Team (Hazmat) was able to straighten the tank, isolate and plug the leak.

Firefighters are waiting for Hazmat to identify the substance. It is not known whether the leak was liquid or gaseous.

Firefighters said the smell was not dangerous, But they advised residents near Compton College to stay indoors until the smell wears off.

With information from ABC 7


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here